Pages

Friday, January 8, 2010

- The 5 Ws of Minifolk | Why -




Continuing the 5 Ws series answering the Why of Minifolk. Included are three questions relevant to the figurines...and one about me. Enjoy!

Why?
  • use paper?

  • make people?

  • are the figurines faceless?

  • don't you like Keanu Reeves?

This one is tricky. Hmm...because they're CUTE! And a little bad...as in wicked good.
Paper is my first love as far as crafty supplies are concerned. Once upon a time I made angel ornaments. I love trying to form 3-d items out of paper because it such a flat thing to begin with but has such nearly limitless potential.

Why make people? This one is tricky. Hmm...because they're CUTE! And a little bad...as in wicked good. And I guess because I always notice things about people. I like to make up names. I have an imagination grounded in realism, though...being the child of math majors. People have just enough boundaries for me to tinker with hair or skin tones, clothing ideas and such but stay true to what is.

I was gonna give them faces initially. But, well, my drawing skills are a little limited. I think faceless that it fits with the style of Minifolk, too. Sort of astutely elementary.

And about Keanu Reeves...have you seen Sweet November? 'Nuff said.

2 comments:

  1. What a cool idea for a series! Really enjoyed reading this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much! i'm so glad you like my little series!

    ReplyDelete