Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

- The 5 W's of Minifolk | What -



When I was in elementary school, my teacher taught about writing a report and answering the five W's- who, what, when, where, and why. (I added 'how' because...it's important, too.) You may be asking, "What's the deal with Minifolk?" Let these posts give you some answers.

What?
  • is Minifolk?

  • are they made of?

  • inspires you?

  • if I have more than one...is it still Minifolk?


You may call them, 'little people'. But we call them Minifolk! Each one is a small figurine around 4" tall made from hand-cut strips of acid-free paper. If you have more than one, you could call it 'love'. hehe

I'm inspired by...well, everything is too broad, but I'm not sure I can definitely pin down my inspiration to one certain thing. I like 'traditional' techniques a lot. Quilling has been around for centuries. I use macrame in my jewelry. I also like using those techniques to create contemporary or non-traditional pieces. So I guess that's what propels me in a way. Using an old technique to form something relatively new.

- important info -
Please note that while each figurine is glued to a wooden base and is pretty sturdy, they are not intended for rigorous play especially by children under the age of 12. They are susceptible to water and fire damage, so don't take them camping or swimming. :)

Tomorrow find out the 'when' of Minifolk.

No comments:

Post a Comment